Collette Parsons Logo
Your Rights
"Common Law" or "Tort" Rights

People who are injured in a car accident that is the fault of another person can also make a “Common Law”, or “tort” claim, against the person who injured them.

ICBC is often the insurer of the negligent person and the insurer responsible for the Part 7 benefits claim. Because ICBC is the insurer of the Part 7 claim, and the defendant in the tort claim, people can get ICBC’s obligations to them in each claim confused.

In the tort claim an injured person can claim damages for pain and suffering and all past and future monetary losses arising from their injuries from the person who caused the accident.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!